Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I own an IH 330 Utility tractor. The steering box is shot.

Customer Question

I own an IH 330 Utility tractor. The steering box is shot. It is also manual and not power steering.
My neighbor has a fully equipped machine shop and is pretty talented.
Is it possible to go to an automotive wrecking yard and come up with a power steering steering system that can be adapted to my tractor? If so, do you recommend a particular make and model of automobile to get the parts from.
I am not interested in restoring the tractor. It is a tool that I use often.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi Scott, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. It would require a lot of time, modification, and research to possibly find a steering box that would possibly work. I recommend finding a rebuilt or good used steering box for your tractor. There are tractor salvage yards that could put this on a locator for you and can likely find a good bolt on replacement. Let em know
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
It would be much more cost effective to find a replacement box.