Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a 2006 Buhler Versatile 2425 tractor with Cummins Celect

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Buhler Versatile 2425 tractor with Cummins Celect N14 engine. Engine will not stay. Starts and then stalls immediately.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi Cam, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. How many volts are you getting from the ECM to power the solenoid?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Fuel Shutoff Valve-Coil Resistance when tested should be=7 to 8 ohms
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
What fault code number do you have?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
254 S017 Low voltage detected at fuel shutoff driver pin 16 of Red 4 actuator harness connector. Indicates a current draw from the ECM greater than 2 amps or faulty ECM power supply.The ECM turns off fuel shutoff valve supply voltage.The engine dies. 255 S026 Externally supplied voltage detected at one of the Yellow 3 following driver pins; Fuel shutoff valve pin 16, fan clutch pins 7 or 17, or engine brake pins 18 or 19 of actuator harness connector.Fuel shutoff valve will not close ... OR ... fan will run all the time ... OR ... engine brake will activate
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have 12.5 volts. Solenoid measures 8 ohms. I don't remember the code number. It says that the ecm detected too much current (over 2 amps) at the pin that feeds the fuel solenoid so it shut down
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
thanks for the update. Check the batteries and cable connections as well as the alternator charging voltage and ECM supply voltage in case the alternator is charging too high. If the batteries are over 12 volts, try disconnecting the alternator for test purposes to see if the ECM does the same thing.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
If the ECM power supply is not too high and checks okay and this still occurs and the ECM grounds check good then there is likely a problem in the ECM itself.