Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 317 john deere skid steer park brake wont release

Customer Question

I have a 317 john deere skid steer park brake wont release replaced seat switch and park brake solenoid valve still wont release. I also have on vehicle monitor there are a couple of indicator lights one cab door switch,and the other hyd closed my next thing i was checking is the push switch. When you first start machine trave handles pull forward and kills engine.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Larry my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check all your safety interlock switches and the harness and connector pins. If ok be sure all your fuses and relays test good and test the park brak switch and verify there is power and ground to the park brake solenoid. If so then check for internal leakage for the parking brake causing it not to release. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this. I log in periodically throughout the day for follow ups and eves.