Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

8640 developed excessive vibration in "D" which shakes the

Customer Question

8640 developed excessive vibration in "D" which shakes the cab above 8 mph. there si a barely perceptible vibration in lower three ranges that am accustomed too.
Tractor engine was recently overhauled with new long block and dealer thinks tranny was rebuilt. 500 hours since overhaul. Should mention I ran tractor for owner to help get his crop in two years ago prior to we purchasing.
Thoughts about vibration?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check all your engine and transmission mounts and driveline u joints and shafts for play and for a possibly dry cap causing a vibration. If the driveline checks out okay then check the transmission oil, filter, and suction screen for metal/debris indicating an internal problem occurring. Also check for any damage to the wheels or uneven wear of the tires, etc as well as loose or worn yokes or bearings into the axles or transmission. check for any signs of metal in the differentials indicating internal problems there as well. Let me know.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi Amberg Farms, Just following up to see if you got this resolved or still needed more help with this? Please remember to rate my service as that is how the experts get credit for their time helping on the site.