Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

John deere LX266. Runs fine at start, once warm motor bogs

Customer Question

john deere LX266. Runs fine at start, once warm motor bogs down, almost dies. Black and blue smoke coming out of exhaust. Front tire gets wet each time.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
No gas in the oil? Choke flap in carburetor not staying closed? Then I think you have a blown head gasket,causing oil to be sucked into the cylinder.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did find gas in the oil, alot. I trained the oil and added fresh. Replaced the oil filter as well. Pulled the carb and cleaned it. Put back together and it ran great for about 20 minutes then when bog down a little. After about another 20 minutes it was all I could do to get back into the garage.
If the carburetor float is ok, not sinking from gas in the float, I suspect head gasket.