Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Skid steer problem

Customer Question

Skid steer problem
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  nick0411 replied 5 months ago.
My name is***** to Just Answer and thank you for trying our service today. Can you tell me about what the problem is with your skid steer? Thank you,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
John Deere 317 skid steer.
Was running fine, went to scoop a bucket full got bucket full. (not hard digging more less scrapeing) and just died shut the key key off set the park brake let it sit for e0 seconds tried refiring none of the lights on instrument panel come on... You can roll the the motor over just no fire. Checked all fluids with everything ok
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check for power at the fuel shutoff solenoid and all your fuses and relays. Check and verify you have good fuel supply to the pump and there is no restrictions and leaks between the tank and pump. What is your serial number? Let me know
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
These would be under the seat correct
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Yes but there should be a main fuse in the engine compartment as well but will cut out all accessories in the cab
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where would it be located? Or are we talking the big fuse on cab side of the alternator
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The little red light in the parking brake toggle will light up but the instrument panel itsepfbwont light up
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Click on this link for the parts catalog. Type the model and then select sectional index to get to the electrical section. Bare with me while I pull up some more info.Parts catalog
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Click this link for your fuse ID next to the operators seat RH side of the cab. Fuses Operators manual
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Just following up to see if you got this resolved or still needed more help with this? Please remember to rate my service as that is how the experts get credit for their time helping on the site.