dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

I have a 1980 Ford Backhoe, that pulls to the right when I

Customer Question

I have a 1980 Ford Backhoe, that pulls to the right when I step on brakes when unloading off the trailer. How do I correct this problem?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Unable to unload backhoe off trailer because the left wheel grabs when stepping on the brake, causing the backhoe to pull to the right. It pulls to the right, to the degree that the backhoe will not back up straight and shift to to the right on the trailer. How do I correct the problem?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: How do I adjust the brakes in order for both wheels to operate in unison/together?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 7 months ago.
Do you have the Model number?first style, on the right and left sides in front of the axle there is the brake linkage, you tighten or loosen the jam nut to tighten or loosen the brakes.Second Style, there is an adjustable rod that attaches to the top of either brake pedal. tightening the turn buckle will tighten the brakes.