Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 + years as a mechanic
6825259

How much PAG oil is used in a A/C system on a 8640? How much

Customer Question

How much PAG oil is used in a A/C system on a 8640? How much in the compressor? How much in the drier?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with thisyou don't add any to drier or system just compressor too much will reduce the cooling capacity add 8-9 oz to compressor , then evacuate to 300 microns or 90 min on the vacuum pump, then charge I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My compressor locked up, is there anything else I should look into so I don't have any issues with the new one?
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
HI Compressor usually lock up when there is a Freon leakand system runs dry , then go in a Vacuum, that burns the compressor out so yes check for leaks Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No leaks, both ports have the same pressure with it off. The compressor is about 12-14 years old and sat the last year hanging clutch end up while the engine was being rebuilt.
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
HI OK, the oil went to the head then to the piston topand must have bent a rod from hydraulic lock Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No pieces of metal visible and it's still locked up. Got a quick clean done and new installed. So far it's holding vacuum. Do you have the approximate weight of 134a reported to go in?
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi May not be metal if it bent Freon amount is 3.00 to 3.25 Lbs Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you Please let me Know Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi,Did you get this issue resolved yet?I took the time to answer your question...please take the time to reply. Wayne