Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a 32 hp diesel on my ferris lawn mower. There are two

Customer Question

I have a 32 hp diesel on my ferris lawn mower. There are two wires going to the alternator and one has been pulled out. there is an empty post to attach it to but I am advised that if if does not belong there I can screw up the alternator. if it doe not belong there the symptoms are 1. the motor does not turn of when I get off the seat. I can turn it off by pulling the control handles together 2. the battery runs down without the connection. I do not know the specific series but my manual lists Co.5, CO7.C1.1/3011C. C.15/3013C. C1.6 and C2.2/3024C/3024CT. I know this is is stupid question but I just want to be sure. There is a black wire and the disconnected orange/green wire. My repair guy did not have time to look into this that is why I am reaching out to you Thanks
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.
Hi I'm WayneI will help you with this is there any marking on the alternator like B+, F, D_, let me know also with engine running does the wire have voltage