Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

We have a Kioti KL130 35hp - with a finish mower attached to

Customer Question

We have a Kioti KL130 35hp - with a finish mower attached to the rear. Wife left the rear hi-lo in the high position and now the mower will not move up or down when we move the lever. We still have hydraulic pressure for the front end loader, it just seems like the lever does not engage the mechanism to lower the rear mower on the pto up or down. The PTO still engages the blades fine. The unit is stuck in the up position. We've turned the fast/slow knob below the seat to both extremes with no luck. What to do? Our grass is getting way too high, help please!
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
KL 130 is the loader not the tractor, what is the tractor model? CK???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry ck35
There is a pressure tube coming to the three point housing. If you loosen this fitting, do you have oil there when engine is running? If not, follow the tube to the front, looking for a diverter valve, it is stuck, not letting fluid flow to the three point. If there is pressure at the three point, the valve is stuck open in the three point housing.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am unable to even see the pressure tube leading there. We have not had any fluid leaks. Is the valve accessible?
The divertor valve would be. Look at the hydraulic pump on the engine and follow the tubes back to the three point.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Would it be the MLS valve that I need to adjust?
I don't see this as an adjustment but a stuck valve. What is MLS ??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As you might have guessed we are not terribly mechanically inclined. I watched this youtube video on a similar model and by adjusting the "mls" valve he seems to solve a similar problem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rvect3S7yY maybe he is referring to the same valve as you are. Thanks.
OK, it is similar to your's. I doubt adjustent will help, but the valve may not be moving with the lever! See if the valve moves in and out when you move the lift /lower lever.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The lever causes rotation on an arm on the right side of the three point housing, it is not broken or anything and had a solid connection
Do you see this MLS valve under the seat?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not without removing the seat and transmission cover. Guess we will wait for a service tech but its been almost four weeks. Thanks much
Yes, seat and plate would have to come off.