Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 2001 New Holland LB110 Shuttle Shift that quit starting.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 New Holland LB110 Shuttle Shift that quit starting. We replaced the ignition switch and starter with no change. The plug for the starting relay had been replaced before as all wires had additional solder less connectors. When we removed the cover from the tiny starting relay and pressed it together, the tractor started. Used it a few days, but accidentally broke this old relay. I installed a new relay and the new relay does not come apart. So, we could not start the tractor. We removed the relay completely and can jump the two ground terminals to the engine and it will start. I have a 1,495 page vendor tech manual and a 1,784 page parts manual. We checked all fuses. I can only suspect a loose wire connection. It must get a signal from the Shuttle Shift that the tractor is in neutral.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Make sure the new relay is the same configuration relay as the original and if so check the harness and connectors to the transmission neutral safety switch and seat, PTO, and clutch switches if equipped. Try jumping the switches with a jumper wire for test purposes or do a continuity check to test them with an OHM meter. Let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The relays the same configuration and the same plug and the part number was verified by the dealer and my parts manual. The wiring harness is shown very clearly in my parts manual, but areas are very difficult to reach by hand. I have not seen a transmission neutral safety switch on the diagram, but have seen the forward and reverse solenoids. Where would the neutral switch be?
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
It reads neutral position from the actual forward and reverse shifter on the column , Test for power in and out of the shifter and inspect the harness and connector pins.