Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a john deere 5065e farm tracter blows the 10 amp fuse

Customer Question

I have a john deere 5065e farm tracter blows the 10 amp fuse for the start relay fuse re1placed coolant sensor & starter relay still blowes fuse after about hour of use with bushhog engaged
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Are you getting any error messages or fault codes logged? Is this only happening with the bush hog engaged?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi dan I am at a autorepair shop we work on the county vehicles,so I took the farm tracter thinking it would be something simple but what they are telling me it only blows when the bushhog is engaged I don't have any way to retrieve codes,but do not see any messages or lights on dash hope this will help thanks william
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
dan wasn't sure if you got my response or not
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the update. I log in in between jobs here myself so there may be some delays in response but I will reply back on my next available log ins. Click on this link for the fuses locations and the second link to access the full online operators manual. This will help with fuse locations and operational info. I will see what else I can pull up for you to help in troubleshooting. Operators
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
use this one... North America editionoperators
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
There has to be a short in that circuit. Take a close look at the wiring and connector pins to see if anything is rubbed through and shorting to ground. Try doing a wiggle test on the wiring harness to see if you can cause the fuse to blow locating the short in the harness. check with the customer to see if they have the service book with schematics. If not there is a CD version on E bay for 72. Here is the linkService book
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
dan, I looked at the sevice manual,but no help ,I have wiggled thewires trying to achieve the short do you have a wiring diagram ,I am totally lost really cant afford to pay 72 dollars right now for cd on ebay really hope you can help thanks william
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is the 10 amp starter relay fuse but have noticrd that when it blows I loose power to the fuel shutoff do you know what else is on this circuit thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi William. Thanks for the update. It is very possible the shut off solenoid is shorted. Disconnect it and then turn the key on and see if the fuse still blows. If not replace the shorted fuel shutoff solenoid. Let me know. Also if you put a circuit breaker in place of the fuse with the same amperage you will save on fuses while testing.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
check for any bare or shorted wiring that might be shorting to ground if the fuse still blows with the shutoff disconnected. Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
dan yes it still blows what else is on this circuit
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the update. I do not have the schematic for this model but I will opt out and send a message over to one of the other experts who might be able to help.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
never mind customer got mad took it to dealership,i didn't get no help from you will not be using this service again used to get better service than what I did this time the cat man you had has been very helpful in past & responded a lot better , I hope you don't charge my c.c.full price for the help I did not recieve