Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Cummins air operated throttle continues to get trans oil in

Customer Question

cummins air operated throttle continues to get trans oil in diaphragm.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ntc 400 cummins
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** is the transmission make/model number from the ID tag? Are there any air shiftedPTO controls mounted to the transmission? If so this is likely where the transfer is happening. Let me know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ht-750 Allison with power divider....
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Are you sure that the oil is not coming from the PTO or air shift for the gearbox? click on this link for some FYI on the design and let me know if it matches what you have there.Oshkosh FYI
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
lets say the fire pump gearbox was air shift...what would fail. this is an Oshkosh p-19 aircraft rescue vehicle..
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
It would be the air shift piston seals allowing oil to bypass back into the air line. If it is air shift disconnect the lines and see if you have oil leaking into them.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Click on this link. If this truck is set up the same way as in this manual then there should be a Chelsea PTO mounted to the transmission. The air shift cover is what you will rebuild or replace and then clean out the air system.Manual
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I understand the pto air shift.. thanks...will let you know what I find
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Sounds good. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my truck is mechanically shifted by an air brake diaphram through the power divider. no air lines connected anyway. manual has no download content so I can comparte what you see
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
It takes a while to open in your browser... Click this link as I uploaded it for you.Manual 2