Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a john deere 7220 tractor.this tractor will decellarate

Customer Question

I have a john deere 7220 tractor.
this tractor will decellarate RPMs when operating .
The local tractor tech can find no codes for this problem or no remide for the problem.
It has been going on for a year now.
I have pull the trotlel back and push it ahead and this does not help.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** check for any fuel leaks or restrictions and install a clear hose between the tank and pump to look for air bubbles in the system causing low fuel supply pressure. If the engine runs smooth but no throttle response then the problem is more likely electrical than fuel supply/ mechanically related. check the throttle position sensor and harness for problems as well as the engine speed sensor harness and speed sensor. If OK then JD service advisor software should be plugged in to monitor live data for your throttle controls to determine if it is a calibration issue, software update issue/ECU, or harness/sensor issue, etc. Let me know
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please remember to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site.