Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin,
Experience:  Field Technician at Thompson Tractor Company
29889544

I have a 5085m with premium cab, wondering how to remove just

Customer Question

I have a 5085m with premium cab, wondering how to remove just the roof top? This tractor had the roof and the pan underneath it replaced after it was damaged by the previous owner. When the tractor was delivered to me, it was dry on freon because the repairing dealer forgot to charge it. I had it evacuated and charged, it cools at first but seems to be lacking after the tractor is warmed up. Thinking the heater valve might be an issue hence I want to take the top off. Any suggestions? There are no valves on the engine to shut the water off. Tractor has 340 hours. Thanks Jim.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 7 months ago.
Have you tried clamping off your heater line to see if that was you issue with not cooling?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Coolant lines for the heater are steel, no rubber anywhere except where it turns to go up the cab corner post. Nothing to clamp off.
Are any of the heater lines exposed going into the cab frame?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't recall what the configuration is......I know there is wiring and refrigerant lines running up that cab post. I'll have another look tomorrow it's out in the shop.
Ok let me know what you what you find out
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I found the heater lines cross under the cab and go up the opposite corner post. There is a small rubber section that I can pinch off to test. Whjch brings me back to my original question: how much of a bear is it to get the roof off? If the heater valve is the culprit I'm guessing the roof has to come off to get to it.
You will have to remove the headliner to get to the bolts that hold the top down I am attaching a picture of the cab mounting let me know if you need anymore info
Any update yet? did the image I send you help any?