Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a John Deere 2755 that the trans light comes on at

Customer Question

Hi I have a John Deere 2755 that the trans light comes on at a idle and the pto runs all the time, If you idle it up to 1200 rpm the light goes out and the pto shut off and everything works. I have replaced pressure regulating valve in hi low unit and pressure regulating spring in main pump. I have 2320 pressure in main pump, I have 120psi at idle and 150 at 1200 rpm in trans port. Thank You
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi I was hoping to get an update on my question. Thank you
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-4m2f0v1t- replied 5 months ago.
Hi.Have you checked the sump screen in the transmission? Your lube pump for the transmission regulating pressure would pull oil from there... which also makes sense for your PTO clutch sticking at low RPM because your pump pressure would be low.It would be a good idea to check that sump screen and change your hyd oil.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have checked screen and changed hyd oil and filters as well. Thank you
Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes if possible was wondering where to go for here if I needed to split tractor. Or if there are any more pressure check to do
these are the possible malfunctions:Transmission oil pump defectivepressure regulating valve incorrectly adjustedpto control valve spool damagedpto brake could be shotI am not sure where these components are on the tractor as I have little experience with these older tractors. My guess would be low transmission pump pressure. They are just a gear pump, so scoring and age could cause lots of leak-by. In that case, you'd have to split the tractor to access.