Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Have 8650 JD. Engine starts and run good in idle and low load

Customer Question

Have 8650 JD. Engine starts and run good in idle and low load but died when a load on engine is needed.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the fuel lines between the tank and pump for restrictions and leaks sucking in air. Also check the filters and housings for the same. Replace the fuel filters if you have not already and check the old filters for water, rust, and sediment indicating a contaminated fuel system. If ok verify you have good fuel supply pressure and if low possible causes are the above, faulty pressure regulator, fuel lift/transfer pump, etc. If the suction and supply side check out good, check for weak fuel delivery from the injection pump. By cracking the injection lines you should see high pressure spray. If the fuel is a low pressure leak your injection pump needs to be rebuilt. If the fuel system checks out then check your turbo and intake piping for problems if yours is a turbocharged model. Let me know