Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Mower Kubota g1800s . When I try to engage the PTO, the engine

Customer Question

Mower Kubota g1800s . When I try to engage the PTO, the engine stalls. tractor has been exposed on a carport for several years . Just bought it, new starter, cables and battery. Runs good, lots of power. Blades are free.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Does engine stall or does it cut off like you kill it with key? Have you turned the pto shaft at the front of engine where the drive belts are? I think the drive shaft has a brake that has to release, and is released by a solenoid valve. Drive shaft may not be releasing. When you turn the blades and gearbox , how for forward does the shaft turn?