Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have the same problem as the page i just pulled up and should

Customer Question

I have the same problem as the page i just pulled up and should probably read it first. I tmight have my answer. I have a John Deere 5103 tractor and the ignition fuse blows when I turn the key to the on position (before I get to the start position).
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: I think this discussion I am reading may solve my problem, but I haven't been able to find the thermostat on this tractor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Check the fuel solenoid in the injection pump cover. It has to open the fuel when you turn on the key. If it or the harness to it is shorted , the fuse blows immediately. Also the alternator comes on with the key,
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
did you find the problem?