Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Model 40 john deer tractor Electrical system When I turn the

Customer Question

Model 40 john deer tractor Electrical system When I turn the on switch to the on position should I have 6 volts going to the primary of the ignition coil. This is a six volt system. When I engage the starter I will get something on the order of 2.5volts across the primary of the coil. Does the Primary voltage at the coil come from the on/off switch or elsewhere. The starter will turn the motor over even if the on/off switch is off. The electrial print that I have is hard tor read. Any yssuggestions
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I see you been waiting a long time sorry about that do you still need help with this