Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a komatsu d31A 3 cylinder aprox year 1974. I have removed

Customer Question

I have a komatsu d31A 3 cylinder aprox year 1974. I have removed all the covers and disconnected the brakes, what are the next steps to remove the clutches and brakes for reconditioning.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi Wally,My name is Dan. Once the covers are off, brakes disconnected/linkage disconnected, etc. with the machine tracks off the ground to allow the tracks to be turned manually in neutral, Remove all clutch drum assembly mounting bolts and turn the track to access all of them. On the side of the differential housing there should be a pipe plug to remove to access the bolts with an air impact one at a time. If not you need to get them from the top. Once removed and disconnected, lift our with a suitable lifting device and strap/ Let me know
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi Wally, Did you get this resolved?