Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a 2012 utv 850i that I just bought and it seems as though

Customer Question

I have a 2012 utv 850i that I just bought and it seems as though the brakes are possibly dragging when I'm in reverse. It makes squeaky noises when backing up. Is this typical? It also seems as though it is in*****because it doesn't move freely when you first throdle up to move. It's as if it is hanging up or under stress. It is not locked in 4x4 according to the switch and indicator in the panel . This gator is truly like new condition with 300 hrs. I bought it from a family that seemed to really take care of their investments, not a young kid out to test its limits.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 6 months ago.
Have you jacked the rear end up and see if the wheels move by hand and make the noise when you move them?
And on the stuck in 4x4 you may have a faulty switch we will need to ohm it out to check it