Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a BX2660 with a 60" deck. last several months

Customer Question

I have a BX2660 with a 60" deck. For the last several months everytime after 30-45min of use it's starts to "buck" and the rpm drop down to 500-800 rpm. Lots of black smoke.
If I let it sit for 30mins or so I can go back out and get another 30-60mins of running smooth. I've had it 3 years a serviced by a Kubota dealer every year plus the deck.
I thought it could be a fuel filter or the fuel itself but that all checked out and was changed with last service. Purchase date was 9/13/12 serial #64078, deck 48739 and loader C1682.
What the hell is wrong with my baby!!!
Jay Nichols
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Tractor has electric fuel pump. Does the fule pump keep working or does it quit when tractor acts up? If fuel pump still runs, then I would check the fuel shutoff solenoid, it may be getting hot and trying to close the fuel to the injectors. To check, you remove it and tape over the hole and run test.
Did you find the problem?