Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

The house on my KX 121-3 keeps getting loser & moves when i

Customer Question

the house on my KX 121-3 keeps getting loser & moves when i move the boom up & down what can i do to tighten it back to normal
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the bolts around the perimeter of the turn table bearing/gear for looseness. Tighten the bolts. If the looseness is the bearing itself then the machine needs to be split for the bearing to be replaced. Check by having someone observe while putting down pressure with the bucket on the ground to watch for movement. Let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already knew all of that it's already been tried I had already said that I tried to tighten the bolts on the bottom the ring gear this reply to help me
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Elmer, Did you read my answer? Replace the turn table swing gear. It is junk.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
The upper car body of your machine needs to be separated from the track frame, the track frame slid out from under and the swing truntable gear replaced and the swing cavity filled with new grease.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Elmer, Did you get this resolved?