Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 2007 Kioti dk55c tractor, it has stopped pulling.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Kioti dk55c tractor, it has stopped pulling. The gears shift and fill like all is good in the transmission, the clutch doesn't matter, peddle up or down, the tractor want move. When starting the tractor, clutch pressed, the tractor quivers like its trying to move. I was grading a driveway with the deferential locked started to depress the clutch, clutch felt hard, finally pressed in and the tractor want move. I also noticed a 1' circle of fluid on the ground under the tractor.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Manual transmission, not hydrostat. Will the pto shaft rotate as usual? If you have clutch out, and try to shift gears , do they grind, indicating the shaft is moving? Does Clutch feel different?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pto turns, I can change all gears with clutch out without any grinding. Clutch is smooth all the way in or out.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
With no grinding from the gears, the main shaft is not turning, I suspect the clutch has failed. Can you get any look through lower clutch housing? Some of the models have a small plate on the bottom of the clutch housing you can remove and get a look at the clutch fingers and throwout collar. But it seems tractor will need to be split to repair.