Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

John deere 4555...3 point hitch stopped lifting all at once....need

Customer Question

john deere 4555...3 point hitch stopped lifting all at once....need help please.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ronald, My name is***** will try to help. Could you give me some more details on the history here and tractor serial number if you have it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sn not available right now..tractor has given good service..all hydraulics are working except lift which was working great and just stopped.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the update. If all other functions are working normal then the control valve for the 3 point may be faulty or you could have a problem internally with the hydraulic cylinder that raises/lowers the 3 point arms. Check that the control valve is functioning first and if so, check the cylinder for bypassing internally. I see you already checked your fuses. Be sure to check your relays as well and harness to the solenoid valve and test for power at the solenoid. Let me know