Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

My name is ***** *****, I shut off my 7140 case ,and now it

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****, I shut off my 7140 case ,and now it won't start. I have filled it with fuel checked filter and refilled them I have fuel to the injector . the shut off valve goes back when starting. the little return line to the pump between the fuel line and injectors had air this morning bled it now solid fuel comes out. it will fire with starter fluid and wd40. I give up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yesterday I opened the injector line on top of the injector pump had fuel there but not this morning.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
You say shutoff valve moves back, but does the lever that opens the fuel at the pump move with it? With no fule getting to the injectors, the injection pump is in the off position.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i'll go check, but I had fuel there yesterday and it wouldn't start then either.
If fuel was not squirting at the high pressure injection lines, the injection pump is not in the run position. If it was just dribbling, it is not open!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i pushed the lever forward towards the front of the tractor, while watching the shaft . it did turn. while holding it forward opened the top injector towards the rear , nothing
If no fuel from the pump, with the lever in the run position, the injection pump internal parts are stuck in the off position! That would mean the injection pump would have to be removed for repairs!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is a bosch pump, could there be air in it , i bled it on the the return line out of the pump but no air.
No, it will not be air locked.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok, i'll look at the shut off again. its sitting in a field. i don't want to take the pump off there.
You can try tapping around on the stop lever to see if the inner linkage will move into the start position, It is spring loaded and should move with the lever, but it is not!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i'll let you know.