Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 + years as a mechanic
6825259

Hydraulic oil leaking out the weep hole of the bell housing

Customer Question

Hydraulic oil leaking out the weep hole of the bell housing of my Massey Ferguson 1105 tractor. Clutch not working.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have a Massey Ferguson 1105 Farm tractor. When I start the tractor hydraulic oil runs out the weep hole in the clutch bell housing. The clutch will not work nor will the tractor move.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
Hi I'm WayneI will help you with this what you are describing is the input shaft seal is leaking on the transmissionoil is getting on your clutch disc, that is the reason for no clutchyou will need to pull the trans , for repair I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, thanks. I thought that it might have been the seal on the multiple power valve or one of the hydraulic lines that control the clutch.
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
Hi It can be , but more likely the input shaft sealeither way need to pull the trans and replace the clutch disc's Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Morning Just a follow up with you did my answer help you let me know,Please Wayne