Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

LT190 I turn the key and hours show, but the engine doesn't

Customer Question

LT190 I turn the key and hours show, but the engine doesn't turn over at all, no noise at all. I had just had a stick catch in the mower deck drive belt and knock it off. I rode the tractor to a concrete area, and turned it off via the key. Reinstalled the belt and then I had the above symptom. Looked, but didn't find any damaged wiring. Thanks...Bob
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.
No click from the fuel solenoid when you turn key on? You have checked batter and cables? Do you have a voltmeter to see if the keyswitch has 12 + volts?
Did you see my response? I see another question? Please reply here!
If you do not get the fule solenoid click, the only thing I see that can cause this is a fusible link at the starter wiring. I see no fuse or fuse panel, only this fusible link. It will look like a fuse that is soldered in the wire. You can run a jumper around it for test. A voltmeter makes testing much easier, and for less than $10 dollars at auto or retail store, well worth it!
No click from the fule solenoid means that keyswitch has no voltage. Battery, cables or fusible link!