Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I'm attempting to rebuild the Power Steering Cylinder on my

Customer Question

I'm attempting to rebuild the Power Steering Cylinder on my Kubota BX2200. Manual tells you to drill a hole in the cylinder tube to remove the internal snap ring. Can't get the drill bit to track straight. Is there any other way to remove the internal snap ring? Seems like a really hokey design.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
I see the same thing in my BX2660 manual, but I thought that the gland could be pushed into the barrel far enough that you could pick the snap ring out! If not, the hole drilling will be required. Is the drill getting off because of it hitting the snap ring? Can you see the snap ring looking past the gland? Turn the snap ring so the split is at the hole. ???
If you can see the snap ring, and it says use a screwdriver to help guide it out, I don't see why you can't use a hook type tool and get it out, without having to drill! Same setup as Deere uses on most of their newer models.