Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 + years as a mechanic

Have 1968 mustang skid steer loader changed injection pump

Customer Question

have 1968 mustang skid steer loader changed injection pump had it rebuilt and put on new electric lift pump but will not start looked for timimg mark 0n head of pump but no mark on the block to line up to. try to start cranks up and runs a couple of seconds then dies back out smokes while trying to start. i think has perkins motor old machine
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when the ip was rebuilt says does not have to be timed to the motor is this true
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this No that is not true,engine needs to be set at TDC, #1 cyl both valves loose what you need to do know, remove Pumphave re builder set back to #1, then engine at TDC then you can install it I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi Just following up with you did my answer help you let me know, PleaseWayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi Just a follow upI took the Time to answer your questionPlease take the time to reply to me Wayne