Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

On a John Deere 6115M how do you reset the service interval,

Customer Question

On a John Deere 6115M how do you reset the service interval, it has expired and there is now way in the manual to reset it back to zero for the next 250 hours.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.
Do you have a menu button and a thumb wheel at the command center?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, it is a M series no command center no GS, just a digital display in the console with the steering wheel with a enter button, up and down buttons and a exit button.
What are your options after you press enter?
This should be what you are needing
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There are no options, it just displays the message and says service interval has expired. It gives a vtv 916.14 DTC it comes up every time its started. When the code is deleted it comes right back. The service interval is exceeded by 200 hours with no way to zero like on the command center in the R series tractors we have.
Does yours look like the picture I sent?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes it does. What section and which manual is that in? We have a operators manual omal213126, and dia and tests tm405719, I will have to try it. The local dealer didn't know about that, it might work.
I have same manual it is in the digital display-more settings section
Let me know how it works it should work and please rate me when you get a chance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will check it out tomorrow, my manual for some reason just has the working width and area calculations in the more settings. Thanks.
No problem
Any update today?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can not get to the time since last service to reset, which is what I need to do. I thought it would work since my manual doesn't have what you sent and no pages are missing. I can only change the service interval which goes from 0-990.
I would just change the 0 to like 500 that should reset it
I dont think you can change the time since last service the only thing you change is service interval reset so the light and code should go away
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have done that twice. The time since last service is the same as the hours on the tractor. I'm out of options because once the tractor goes over 990 hours the light and alarm will stay on. I have 3 of these, all purchase new at the same time. Only one has been reset, it has 810 hours on it and the time since last service is 251 hours, it had to go to John Deere three times because of no forward or reverse. I really don't want to have to send these back just to have the time since service reset every time. Thanks for the help.
Do you see an option for VTV045?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good catch, the dealer tried that but unfortunately I only have a vtv044 address. It is an input and it shows on the screen as 0 when you go to edit it shows 40, which is the same on all tractors. I think the next address after 44 is 221, not sure. My book doesn't show a 44 address so I don't know what it is, so I didn't mess with it.
Dang I am out of options let me do some digging
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 7 months ago.
I could not find anything would you like me to opt out and see if any of the other experts know anything
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hopefully someone else will have an idea, because it seems to be a secret. Thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will offer a suggestion on this problem. This issues seems to be a software related issue and I recommend reflashing the software to correct the problem as it seems it is John Deere's initial programming that is causing this software glitch. Are all your tractors with this system experiencing this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, all 3 tractors have the same issue. One has been reset but nobody knows how or remembers how it was done, and I am not able to reset it now.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
If VTV045 is missing then it sounds like either it is locked out or there is a software issue. You might have luck reflashing the software.VTV045 service interval setting. Change to zero, then change back to the desired interval Service Interval: Alarm interval is adjustable between 0 and 1000 hours, in 10-hour increments. When hours of operation reaches setting, service alarm will sound with a corresponding message appearing on CommandCenter™.After service is performed, Hours-Since-Service display should be reset to zero.Press the menu button.Select Performance Monitor.Select Performance Monitor Settings softkey.At Performance Monitor page go to Service Alarm Interval box, and select it.Adjust service interval [If using thumb wheel, rotate thumb wheel forward or rearward to change hour setting displayed.] .Make selection when desired entry is displayed.Go to Reset Hours Since Service Box (B) and select Time Since Last Reset button to reset time.Press softkey (C) for a minimum of 3 seconds to reset hours since service.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
VTV000916 - Information for operator, service interval.This information for the operator (DTC) is generated if the control software detects that the set service interval has expired (triggered 20 hours in advance) There have been a few software updates and bulletins on this issue. the dealer will have more info on the bulletins
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, that is the code it was setting. You wouldn't happen to know which version of the software update it should be ? I can check the current software version at vtv 232 correct? They didn't ever mention about a software update, just curious because I wanted to check the version on the tractor that has been reset and find out why it won't reset again.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
I am not sure about the most current software version as I am now independent but the dealer should have pretty quick access to the most current version and I believe that some versions are missing the VTV045 service interval setting
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
You might want to ask them which version includes the VTV045 service interval setting and reflash with that unless they have since came up with a better version that allows that parameter to be changed.