Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 + years as a mechanic
6825259

Left pc40mr1 on slope overnight went to start it next day and

Customer Question

left pc40mr1 on slope overnight went to start it next day and it wouldnt start, noticed hydraulic fluid low. Does the machine have low hydraulic fluid cut off switch or could it be due to the fact that I left it on a slope. Checked the battery and it was fine. I turn the key to start it the glow plug light comes on and it makes a bepping noise when light goes out I turn the key and nothing happens,[it doesnt turn over]. Could it be the starter motor,and if so how do I test it. Cheers ASh
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
Hi I'm WayneI will help you with this no low hydraulic sensor to kill the machineit does have one to say low fluid , but that is itkey on, brake set go to starter , and jump the small wire to the large battery wire, should crank overif not check the voltage at the starter battery terminalshould have 13.2 volts , if you do and does not crankit is a faulty starter I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne