Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a 1975 4630 Powershift. I fed with it last night and

Customer Question

I have a 1975 4630 Powershift. I fed with it last night and parked it. Tonight I started it had hydraulics and steering but when I shifted into any gear and let out the clutch it kills the engine. No oil leaks but it has been very hard to shift in and out of park. Any ideas?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Bill, my name is***** will be glad to help. If the engine dies when letting out the clutch it means something is binding internally in the transmission. Drain the oil and look for metal/debris indicating an internal failure and inspect the suction screen. Let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The shifter feels different but the linkage is moving on the right side of transmission. Is it possible that it is stuck between gears?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
that is possible or something is broke internally
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
The drain oil will tell a story and if you find any metal chunks. The oil will look like grey streaks of antisieze compound
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I will look into this in the am.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Let me know. Pleasure to help