Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My '04 4100 II bucket will not uncurl. It has all of the other

Customer Question

My '04 4100 II bucket will not uncurl. It has all of the other movements, but will not uncurl the bucket.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check both the control valve for debris and proper operation for the bucket and the relief valve cartridge in that circuit for damaged o rings and debris. what have you checked so far and what is your serial number? Is the bucket loose indicating possible internal cylinder problem or is it locked in place?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dan,S/N -###-##-#### ***** machine does everything but "uncurl" the bucket. I noticed that the joystick that controls the uncurl movement has a lot of play in it.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Check under the boot and see if the plungers are sticking and not returning to the contact plate. That could cause that function not to get pilot pressure from the controls since they are sticking. Let me know
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I will check tomorrow. Thank you.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Pleasure to help.... That thought come to mind when you mentioned the excessive play in the joystick
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will definitely check tomorrow.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Ok let me know. We can follow up as needed through here.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, sounds good.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Pleasure to help