Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have an OLD Satoh Tractor (mitsubishi engine I think). It

Customer Question

I have an OLD Satoh Tractor (mitsubishi engine I think). It appears to be stuck in 2nd gear (I think). No neutral or other gears possible. Clutch seems to work because PTO and three speed power lever work with clutch action. IF I take off the transmission plate can I see the problem and fix it?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
Yes, the typical problem is stuck in two gears at once, and all that is required, is the plate with shifter removed, and using a large screwdriver to move the shifter fork grooves back to neutral, The skip cover back on, install a couple of bolts and test, When it works, replace the rest of the bolts and your done. Usually caused by not fully going to neutral before changing gears.