Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I need to know how to change the oil in my 855 john Deere.

Customer Question

I need to know how to change the oil in my 855 john Deere. It's been a long time since it had any tlc. Also the Orange cap in the rear of the tractor, when I removed it looked low.. My husband bought it over 20 yrs ago, probably.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
You want to change the engine oil and filter?
The orange cap in the rear is the hydraulic/transmission fill cap, the dipstick should be next to it. It does not fill to where you would see the oil.
Here is oil specs for engine.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need to know what oil to buy and how much. May need to have u walk me thru the actual operation when I am ready. I've never done this before, but think I can with a little help.
You want a diesel oil, 15-W-40 would be my choice and the filter required for the tractor, The engine has a spin on oil filter, and a single drain plug on the engine crankcase. Did you see the ink I sent?