Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

1964 MF 65 diesel tractor . Throttle @ 1500. Position co

Customer Question

1964 MF 65 diesel tractor . Throttle @ 1500. Position control ok with 6' bush hog full up, but lift arms pulsate with position control in any intermediate load position. Same with 12" post hole digger. Lift cover rocker link, clevis yoke and bushings worn, but I have these now to install. My thought is internal hydraulic leakage. I think 577 lb weight of bush hog on 3-point in intermediate position should hold? Harry **********(###) ###-####
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Lift should handle the Bush Hog without problem. And I think you have it right, wear in the internal linkage. You need to remove the housing and reseal the cylinder piston and that will give you chance to check and replace any excessive worn parts. And give everything a good cleaning.