Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a l3130 it has a loud knock just one occasionally

Customer Question

Hi I have a l3130 it has a loud knock just one occasionally when cold start runs fine never done this before 800 hrs doesn't seem to do it any other time. I'm afraid of engine damage it is one hammer noise then starts and runs fine. Thanks for your input***@******.***
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Loud knock at initial start? Do you get a lot of smoke on initial start? A leaking injector nozzle can leak fuel into the cylinder and will show as a fuel knock on initial start, but would show as smoke on the start. It is not going to cause a failure, and only way to determine, would be to remove each nozzle and have it tested.