Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a jd 332 garden tractor, put an injector pump in it

Customer Question

I have a jd 332 garden tractor, put an injector pump in it (used from e-bay), new injectors and glow plugs. After much tinkering with the governer adjustment, it is running but seems to be struggling and smokes like crazy. I have bled the lines, and I believe air is out of system. Engine was overhauled several years ago, and was starting to smoke some recently.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi Bruce, My name is ***** ***** were the symptoms before with the old injection pump?

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

I would not trust a used injection pump off of Ebay as unless it is a rebuilt pump, You are getting someone elses worn out pump. It would be hard saying how many hours are on iy or if it is even in specs without running it on a test bench.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

There is the possibility of one or two things here. Either there is a problem with the pump and it is not in specs or you might be slightly out of time. Let me know