Andy, Technician
Experience:  Experience with Cummins and International engines

650J no oil pressure tractor running good. stopped to

Customer Question

650J no oil pressure
tractor running good. stopped to service. started machine backup, no oil pressure. after checking sending unit wiring. hooked manual gauge up no pressure.
what now? I understand this engine has a oil regulator or check value. this one is under front cover. do you think it could be the check valve/regulator?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Andy replied 7 months ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** In general , the oil pump only knows to pump oil throughout the system . The oil pressure regulator is what controls the pressure in the system using a calibrated spring and piston inside a bore where the pump pushed the oil through . If that spring broke , the piston got stuck open in the bore , it would cause no pressure issues . I would definitely start there in your checks after making sure there is enough oil in the pan and that we are using the correct grade of oil required .