Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a JD 4310 with hydro statc transmission. The engin

Customer Question

I have a JD 4310 with hydro statc transmission. The engin starts and runs just fine. let it run for 45 minutes under on load no problems.
The tractor will drive forward or backward and the front end loader and box scraper hydraulic also work fine. After I drive it for about 500 ft the 30 amp Ignition fuse will blow.
I have looked for any worn wires but could not locate any. Any suggestions on what the problem cousl be ?
Thank You
Dave
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

When fuse blows, does tractor die? Or what quits? The only difference from no load, to driving the tractor would be the foot pedal and the switch that it works. Look for shorted or bare wires at the hydrostat pedal switch and harness.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the tractor dies. i hadalso had it blow the ignition fuse and die after i have stopped and was trying to dump the bucket .

It does not seem to be a component, but a bare wire or short seems to fit, and the place to start would be the hydrostat pedal area. Common place for bare wire is where the harness gets clamped down on frame through a clip.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do i remove the foot pedal cover . there are only some plastin pusn on caps but no screws?

Is there a floor mat over the cover you want to remove?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
not the floor mat there is a plastic box that surrounds the foot pedal wireing under the floor board. there are black plastic "push in " fastners. Didn't know if you had any tips on how to remove them with out breaking them off?

Take putty knife or flat blade, and slip under and pry up, the take side cutter pliers or needle nose and pull them out. If they break, you can find replacements at any auto supply.

# ***** is the sensors with wire harness.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok i will check it out . if i shut down the site how do i get back to you?

There will be link in your email to get back.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you

Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi Curtis
havent been ablke to open up the petal box yet Holiday weekend

I here that, we had family over too !