Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

JD 310B stops moving and looses hydraulics, have changed

Customer Question

JD 310B stops moving and looses hydraulics, have changed filters and oil twice, have pulled sump screen and looked good. Usually cut it off and crank back and is good for a while. Also checked relief valve above filters and seems good. Any ideas?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

You lose forward and reverse from the power reverser at the same time you loose the hydraulics? The reverser has it's own charge pump and is not related to the hydraulics. The hydraulics has it's own pump, driven off the front of the engine. I can understand one going out, but not both.??

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's old but could it be anything electrical? The cut off and back on usually corrects short term. They don't always both happen at same time, today hydraulics got very slow and tried to see if it would correct itself and 2 minutes later forward and reverse went out. Have been told pump inside transmission rarely goes out but shouldn't effect hydraulics right? Shared fluid but different pumps.

Not going to be electric on the 310B model. It is all mechanical. You have had this screen checked in the transmission and the relief valve?

The Deere hydraulic pump has flow control valve in the backside of the hydraulic pump. I would think this is where the hydraulic problem is. And shutting off engine and restarting, may let flow control reset. I would recommend having the hydraulic pump rebuilt .