Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Deere tractor 5085M with category 2 3-point tch

Customer Question

I have a John Deere tractor 5085M with category 2 3-point hitch with Quick Connect bar. I am interested in buying a used JD7100 planter for planting soybeans. The planter is 3 point hitch (no lift assist wheels) and seven (7) Max Emerge row units on 15 inch centers. Each row unit is very basic with weight determined by its: Yetter row cleaners (30 lbs), seed opening disks (15 lbs), gauge wheel assembly, row unit frame, and closing wheel assembly/wheels (15 lbs). The planter's frame is an 11' long tool bar with hydraulic-operated marking arms.
I do not know the weight of this planter.
Can my 5085M's 3-point hitch lift and effectively operate with this 7 row planter?
Thank you.
Mark ***
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please call me. ***
Thanks.
Mark ***
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

Hello the max weight on the 3 point is 2.9 tons and the planter weighs around 5,000lbs so you should be ok as far as weight goes let me know if you need more info and sorry I can not call you right now

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1. Please let me know your source(s) of information for this.
2. Front and back photos of the planter I am interested in are attached to help you.
Also, my tractor is John ****** year 2011, 5085 M with enclosed cab and draft control knob in the cab.
Thank you.
Mark ****** (###) ###-####(m)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I paid $75 for the answer, so I just want a bit more information.
Thanks.
Mark

https://www.deere.com/common/docs/products/equipment/tractors/5_series/brochure/YY0914160_E.pdf

The first link is the max weight on on the three point hitch it is on page 25 of the PDF document

The weight of the planter was by estimate of a John Deere field service tech let me know if you need any more info