Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 4440 deere that leaks fluid in the cab through the

Customer Question

I have a 4440 john deere that leaks fluid in the cab through the steering column and steers terrible you have to turn the wheel(steering) 2 to 3 revolutions to get the wheels to turn I need to repair this situation
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi Bo, My name is***** will be glad to help. The steering metering pump at the base of the column needs to be overhauled , rebearing and resealed if the machines hard parts are serviceable once inspected. here is the diagram below.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

You can access the Parts manual by this link, Type model info, select sectional index.... Let me know if you need more help or info

JD parts