Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 4440 deere that leaks fluid in the cab through the

Customer Question

I have a 4440 john deere that leaks fluid in the cab through the steering column and steers terrible you have to turn the wheel(steering) 2 to 3 revolutions to get the wheels to turn I need to repair this situation
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi Bo, My name is***** will be glad to help. The steering metering pump at the base of the column needs to be overhauled , rebearing and resealed if the machines hard parts are serviceable once inspected. here is the diagram below.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

You can access the Parts manual by this link, Type model info, select sectional index.... Let me know if you need more help or info

JD parts