Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

On a Challenger 45 the fuse blows when you move the lever to

Customer Question

On a Challenger 45 the fuse blows when you move the lever to put it in gear. the fault code F045 shows up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We just got the tractor and I was moving it when it happened. The fuse on the right counsel blows. I disconnected the cable to the shift lever and then it does not blow, but of course the tractor will not move.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 9 months ago.

Can you please post the full tractor serial number.

Please check the code again too, I do not find any F045 codes.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. The only fault I found that matches that in the list is 45 Low Transmission Oil Pressure Shutdown.

Since you are blowing fuses check for a harness short or a shorted transmission shift solenoid or the actual shift controller itself. Unplug the shift solenoid at the transmission to see if it still blows the fuse. If not replace the solenoid. If so check the harness and controller for shorts