Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Back again, With another question on 826 international with

Customer Question

Back again, With another question on 826 international with 358cu. engine. I have a timing question I have top dead center on flywheel the injection pump mark is lined up . My front timing gears are all off by three teeth from the timing marks. Is this where they are advancing the timing to 23 to 29 degrees before top dead center like it calls for in the book. Because I only have 20 degrees worth of markings on my flywheel?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Marks will line up if you keep turning, may take as many as 15 to 20 revolutions. Or just mark the gears and pump and put it back in exact same place!