Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My 2240 lost power steering everything else is good,changed

Customer Question

my 2240 lost power steering everything else is good,changed the filter twice,cleaned the sump screen out,and put new oil in. i put a front loader on it and the oil in the cylinders had trash in them. everything worked great before the loader was installed.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 9 months ago.

There is a "cartridge" type relief-bypass valve just below the right floorboard. Its way up in there tight- not the one with the spring and ball thats easy to access. Its up where you may have to do a bit of cleaning to see, big hex 1 1/4" maybe. Take this out and check for debris holding the valve back or open. I just had one that had a small steel chip holding the valve open. I think they call it the filter bypass valve. Check to make sure this valve can move freely. The second step is to drain all your hydraulic oil into some clean buckets and remove and clean or replace the sump screen in the bottom (side) of the trans case(big plug with 1/2" square that your ratchet fits into)get a picture from your dealer or the site so you know what your after. They sometimes pull out hard, so take out both plugs so you can push it out the other side without damaging it. If that doesn't fix it you write back, there's a few more things to look at.