Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a question about a Polaris 4 wheel farm vehicle. You

Customer Question

I have a question about a Polaris 4 wheel farm vehicle. You must step on brake in order to start, but doing that does not activate the solenoid needed. Can I repair it for must I take it to dealer.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

No, the brake switch has to be engaged before the solenoid will engage. Raise the hood and look at the brake switch. Is it connected? Harness not loose? Switch not broken? You can jump the wire harness at the brake switch so the starter switch will work. Do you know how to jump the solenoid under the seat to see if the starter will turn engine? I Have Polaris Ranger 500 myself.

Did you find the problem?