Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My rtlo-18918b grinds sometimes between 4th over and 5th

Customer Question

my rtlo-18918b grinds sometimes between 4th over and 5th under (range shift). I usually switch the air lever before synchro shifting the manual lever. Is something wearing out or out of adjustment?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Aaron. My name is***** is an indication of the synchro clutch wearing out. Look in your filter if you have the filter kit installed or in your drain oil for fine metal or debris indicating gear /clutch wear. Confirm the range shift piston fully engages and there is full air pressure to the range shift cylinder in both directions. You can change the regulator/filter at the rear of the transmission